Weekly Hours: 38
(plus allowances and superannuation)
You can view the full Position Description by clicking HERE
About Orange City Council
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim - to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Horticulture (Tree Care) team, as the Senior Arborist.
Reporting to the Horticulture Team Leader (Tree Care), you will ensure that approved arboriculture works programs and procedures are carried out in a safe and efficient manner including:
- Vegetation management and pruning in streets, parks and all other open space area managed by Council
- Tree removal and replacement planting programs, new plantings in road reserves and parks
- Provide instruction and training for Labourers and Apprentices within the Crew
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Experience in a similar role, particularly, in the maintenance of street and public open space trees together with knowledge and understanding of the relevant plant, machinery, tools and equipment required
- Sound knowledge, understanding and ability to climb trees in accordance with appropriate arboricultural practices
- Certificate III in Arboriculture (or equivalent)
- Certificate I and II Chainsaw Certificate for Tree Felling and Cross Cut Operations
- NSW General Construction Induction card or ability to obtain
- Current MR Drivers Licence
- Elevated Working Platform Certificate or ability to obtain
- Current Backhoe / Loader / Skid steer Licence
- Traffic Control Licences- Blue Card (Traffic Control Stop/Slow bat) and Yellow Card (Traffic Control Signs)
NOTE: We will also consider applications from candidates at an Arborist level, who may not yet have the experience/qualifications to undertake the Senior position. In this case, the position will be offered at a lower grade.
To apply, please complete all the questions below. Please be aware that you will be asked to add attachments (such as your resume) after clicking next. Unfortunately you cannot save your application and return to it later.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact email@example.com or telephone Nigel Hobden on (02) 6393 8241
Applications close Sunday 27th May 2018 @ 11pm
Please note: Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment a talent list or pool may be created for filling any similar permanent or temporary roles that may become vacant over the next twelve months.