Water Management Technician
Weekly Hours: 35
Annual Salary: $58,482 - $63,745
(the actual salary paid will be dependent on qualifications and experience)
View the full Position Description by clicking HERE
About Orange City Council
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim - to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
An opportunity exists to join our Water Treatment team as the Water Management Technician.
Reporting to the Water Compliance Coordinator (Catchment), and using your demonstrated experience in a similar role (including environmental monitoring and reporting or water and sewer operations), you will be responsible for a variety of water quality, quantity and asset monitoring and reporting including:
- Undertaking the implementation and management of existing water and sewer quality, quantity and asset monitoring programs including ground and surface water sampling (including surface water outside the local government area such as the Macquarie catchment), seasonal and miscellaneous sampling, water treatment monitoring as per EPA licence criteria, catchment and environmental inspections, environmental investigations and required sampling
- Contributing to the establishment of new water quality, quantity and asset monitoring programs
- Undertaking the implementation, management, analysis and reporting of environmental monitoring, and data management for water and sewage quality and quantity monitoring data, including treatment plants, raw water supplies, stormwater and trade waste as required
- Implementing water and sewer quantity (e.g. flow meters) data management and reporting
- Setting up (including programming) and maintenance (including calibration) of monitoring equipment
- Assisting with operational duties at the water and wastewater treatment plants when required
With your high level communication and interpersonal skills you will develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including laboratories and other associated third parties), as well as participate in the implementation of water and sewer community engagement programs and catchment improvement actions as well as provide information to residents and stakeholders and provide water quality, quantity and asset monitoring advice to Council officers, supervisors and managers
So what are we looking for?
We're not only looking for someone with relevant experience and knowledge of the relevant legislation, guidelines and standards, but we're also looking for someone who can work well as part of a team but also unsupervised. Someone who can follow direction, work to deadlines, set priorities and troubleshoot when required. Someone who can provide professional customer service and can interact and engage with both internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- A Certificate IV in Environmental Monitoring and Technology, or related qualification applicable to water and sewerage management
- A General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- A current Class C driver’s licence (as a minimum)
To apply, please complete all the questions below. Please be aware that you will be asked to add attachments (such as your resume) after clicking next. Unfortunately you cannot save your application and return to it later.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact email@example.com or telephone James Locke on 0400 415 873.
Applications close Sunday 25th February 2018 @ 11pm.