Open Spaces Supervisor
Weekly Hours: 35
Weekly Salary: $1,346
(plus allowances and superannuation)
View the full Position Description by clicking HERE
About Orange City Council
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim - to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity exists to join the City Presentation Team, as the Open Spaces Supervisor.
In this newly created position you will be responsible for:
- Managing Council's Open Spaces contract (including tenders and procurement procedures) and in particular contractor management
- Developing, coordinating and implementing maintenance and development programs for all Open Spaces areas, including the showground and cemetery
- Managing, developing and implementing the Open Spaces capital works programs
- Assisting in the review and implementation of Asset Management Plans (including completion of capital work program documentation), Landscape Master Plans and site specific plans
- Supervising, mentoring and managing staff, ensuring the efficient ordering and allocation of resources, materials and plant
- Liaising with and notifying residents and members of the public, service utilities, contractors and other stakeholders of works to be carried out, ensuring all requests and issues are resolved
This is a great opportunity for someone to take that next step in their Horticulture career.
To be successful you will need to be someone with:
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, coordination and maintenance of public open space areas;
- Proven experience managing both contractors and contract services;
- Excellent organisational, planning and programming skills
- The capacity to step up to the next level, work under pressure and deliver results;
You will also need:
- A relevant Diploma level qualification in Horticulture or equivalent
- A current Class C driver’s licence
- A NSW General Construction Induction Card
To apply, please complete all the questions below. Please be aware that you will be asked to add attachments (such as your resume) after clicking next. Unfortunately you cannot save your application and return to it later.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact email@example.com or telephone Nigel Hobden on (02) 6393 8241.
Previous applicants who wish to be considered need to reapply addressing any feedback provided from their last application.
Applications close Sunday 18th February 2018 @ 11pm