Calling All Lifeguards!
Lifeguard Grade: 2
Hourly Rate: $29.47
(includes casual loading)
Café Attendant Grade: 1
Hourly Rate: $27.58
(includes casual loading)
View the full Position Description by clicking HERE
About Orange City Council
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim - to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
We're looking for passionate people who have a commitment to water safety to join the team at the Orange Aquatic Centre as casual Lifeguards.
In these roles you will be responsible for undertaking general duties at the Aquatic Centre including:
- Undertaking general lifeguard duties (including surveillance of the pool deck, responding to emergencies and providing first aid when required);
- Undertaking general cleaning duties (including cleaning of bathrooms, café area and change rooms);
- Assisting in the day to day operation of the Centre reception (including meeting & greeting patrons);
- As required working as a Café Attendant (including preparing and serving food, operating café equipment and cash handling).
These are critical roles and require someone who has the maturity and dedication to put the safety of others first - but they also offer the opportunity to work as part of a fun and motivated team who are committed to providing a first class Aquatic facility to the Orange community.
So what do you need?
To be successful in these positions you need to be:
- Someone who can work shifts on a rotating roster which includes early morning starts, late evening finishes and also weekend work.
- Someone who can work under pressure and maintain concentration and alertness during extended periods of duty
- Someone who has exceptional communication skills and is able to interact professionally with both staff and customers.
- Someone who is a team player, and who is committed and willing to work as required to maintain high standards in both safety and customer service.
- Someone who can work with minimal supervision.
As a minimum you will need a current Bronze Medallion (a current Royal Life Saving Australia Pool Lifeguard Certificate would be better) and current First Aid and CPR qualifications. You will also need a NSW Working with Children Check Clearance and be able to successfully undergo a Criminal Background Check.
To apply, please complete all the questions below. Please be aware that you will be asked to add attachments (such as your resume) after clicking next. Unfortunately you cannot save your application and return to it later.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Beth Shea on (02) 6363 3004.